VERIDIN’S SECURITY SYSTEM’S TOP 10 FALSE ALARM TIPS
Top Ten false alarm prevention tips:
- Ensure your security system is in proper working order.
- Ensure that doors and windows are in good condition so that they do not move or vibrate when closed.
- If you have pets and motion detectors, make sure that they are compatible. There are many motion sensors on the market today that can be used with pets without causing false alarms.
- Ensure that system users are properly trained. 90% of user based false alarms are a result of little or no knowledge of a security system operation and/or functions.
- Make sure that emergency call lists and other pertinent information is up to date with your security company.
- If you change your building structure, for example a renovation, ensure your security company is aware of the changes so that they can determine if your security system characteristics need to change too.
- Only use security components which are designed for their specific applications.
- Beware of cleaning solvents and liquids around sensitive electronics.
- Make sure that your system power source is reliable.
- Make sure that your security system communications path is reliable.