VERIDIN SYSTEMS CANADA LAUNCHES INNOVATIVE MOBILE SURVEILLANCE UNIT (MSU)
Veridin Systems Canada launches innovative Mobile Surveillance Unit
Company highlights its new service to emergency personnel
Mississauga, April 26, 2011 – The latest innovation in CCTV security – mobile surveillance – was on full display this morning as Veridin Systems Canada (“Veridin”) launched its Mobile Surveillance Unit (“MSU”) at a major trade show for police and emergency services.
“Our MSU is a mobile command centre designed to provide operational and tactical support in fast-response situations,” said Colin Doe, CEO of Mississauga-based Veridin. “It’s an innovative solution that’s ideal for use in large and/or high-profile public events such as community festivals, distance events like 10Ks and marathons, and emergency responses.”
The MSU, offered exclusively by Veridin, is a state-of-the-art, fully portable trailer with CCTV and monitoring capacity. It provides added, non-intrusive security leverage to event organizers, police, fire and EMS services, as well as corporate clients.
- MSU operators can monitor their surroundings through three 22-inch LCD screens connected to a high-powered computer, an Indigo Vision IP-based video management system and a FLIR (Forward Looking Infrared) thermal imaging camera.
- CCTV cameras, mounted on a telescopic pole that rises to 34 feet, can pan-tilt and zoom. This gives operators significant flexibility and visibility.
- the MSU can be powered from shore or from its own portable generator, providing added flexibility on where, when and how to use it.
- the MSU integrates seamlessly with a range of on-site security systems, including corporate systems.
- the MSU is equipped to provide a high level of convenience and comfort for operators. It’s fully air-conditioned, has a deployable canopy for shading, and 1000w flood lights on two corners.
- Veridin offers their MSU for short-term lease and rental, and is flexible in providing their own operators and/or training operators to use it.
“This is an innovative step in providing clients with integrated security solutions,” said Doe, who launched the MSU at the Blue Line Trade Show where he and his team are meeting prospective clients. “It addresses a gap in the market and it complements our long-standing core services in access control, CCTV and security systems.”
Colin Doe is a 20-year veteran of the security business. He started his first business while in high school and has built Veridin into a Canadian leader in security and surveillance. Veridin was recognized in 2010 by “PROFIT Magazine” as one of Canada’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies.